1st INTERNATIONAL OPEN CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
MAKE THE LIGHT MERIDIAN LINE VISIBLE BY IN SITU ART
visual and other artists working in a variety of media and disciplines are invited to submit project proposals along the lines set out below (see TWO PARTICULARITIES)
Muze’um L, Light and Landscape, Roeselare, Belgium
TIMING / DEADLINES
• launch: 21 VII 2016 at Casino Blankenberge, Belgium
• entries before 21 X 2016
• 1st exhibition of selected proposals: 18 XII 2016 - 5 III 2017 on muze’um L , Roeselare, Belgium
The call is open for all artists and all disciplines. Of course visual artists as landscaping architects, landscaping artists, land art and design artists are especially targeted and multidisciplinary concepts are also highly appreciated. It concerns ideas of in situ creations (site specific artworks) inspired by nature, light, lines etc. to be placed on the light meridian line.
Please use our online application form (see link below)
The application should include a well-defined project proposal and following documents:
• sketches, drawings, video, photographies, design or graphic proposals concerning a concept of ‘in situ’ art
• description of the project and its realization process, a thoroughly calculated budget, a preferable time frame and your résumé (text and images and/or video). If possible indication of potential project partners: institutions, organizations, artists or arts groups.
For more info please visit www.lightmeridian.org/2016-1st-international-contest
or contact Fernand Callebert at firstname.lastname@example.org
The project is an idea of co-operation of private associations, landowners, galleries, foundations and public authorities
with the aim to visualize 'a perpendicular line from pole to pole' by all disciplines of in situ art
The 1st call for participation to gather ideas was launched on july 21, 2016 by sven gatz, flemish minister for culture
and starts to grow in conjunction with the west flanders government and the cities
blankenberge#BE and roeselare#BE
PROCESS & SELECTED PROPOSALS
As the muze’um L is the central information point of the light meridian line
1. the muze’um L collects the ideas until oct 21 2016
2. the muze’um L proposes these ideas on its website and in the exhibition space of the muze’um L,
3. the muze’um L will not finance or implement the ideas
4. the proposals could be shown in a traveling exhibition visiting cities situated on the light meridian line
The organization invites all the municipalities that are at 3°7’45” E to make a choice out of the proposals. They will get in touch with the artist to realize the idea:
The municipalities choose the adapted idea for their site and find a way to implement it, alone or in collaboration with a landowner, a gallery in their region or an international foundation.
A tourist art guide may be considered.
1. THE ARTWORKS MUST BE ABLE TO BE PLACED ON THE LIGHT MERIDIAN 3°7’45“E
The longitude 3°7’45“E is a perpendicular line from north to south pole entering europe through the lighthouse of the casino blankenberge#BE,
crosses belgium, france and spain, and leaves europe through the lighthouse of palamós#ES.
In belgium the lightmeridian crosses the building of the muze’um L through a slit, where the sun illuminates a light line on walls and ground.
The light meridian line crosses the mediterranean to get into north africa at algiers#DZ exactly at the scheduled ‘Grand Musée d’Afrique’,
and leaves africa on the free zone of lagos#NG for entering antarctica through the atlantic ocean.
2. THE ARTWORKS MUST BE IN SITU OR SITE SPECIFIC
contemporary in situ art refers to an artistic method that dedicates the work to its home site, or takes into account the environment in which it is exercised.
in situ art also describes an artwork that reflects the place where it is installed // not only landscaping ideas, but all disciplines, including music and literature are welcome.
Sorry, the online form is closed.
You can enter your proposal by email to : email@example.com
- Your name
- Your artist/group name if applicable
- The name/title of your proposal
- Your address and contact information
- A PDF with your proposal